Search This Blog

Saturday, December 31, 2011

FREESTYLE FOR LIFE

KNOWING HIS BACKGROUND
 Being Latif's wife, I was a bit reluctant to write this review, but seeing as I'm a huge fan of urban novels it was only right. I watched as his story developed from an idea to a published book. I've seen it grow from a paragraph, to a chapter, to its final 500 pages. I'd sit during breakfast and listen as my hubby shared with me what he'd so far come up with. Though I've see this novel in it's various stages once he was done I was compelled to see how the story would flow. I have to admit I'm a fan of his writing. His style is unique and it draws such a clear picture, knowing Latif's background it's kind of scary how accurate his descriptions can be. When Latif finished writing the book he took a day and gave it one last read through wanting to spot any typos before the readers did. After all the writing, editing, and talking about the book he saved it in his computer and didn't mention it again. I assumed he was clearing his mind before moving forward...that wasn't it. He basically abandoned the whole project, something I'd never seen him do. When Latif starts something he always finishes it. So I brought it up to him he said "I did finish, I'm just not going to publish it. I asked him why? He said he didn't think it was good enough and didn't feel anyone would want to read it. After going back and forth with him for a few days, I finally convinced him to give it a shot. Freestyle4Life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment